Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Living on One Dollar a Day

Thinking about the "Big Problems" that affect billions of people and our planet.`It makes more sense than wasting your time worrying about all the little widgets.
Tonight I have just finished reading Bill Gates recent speech at Harvard, where he champions, the poor, the homeless, the sick, those who do not have access to clean water or adequate sanitation, the hundreds of millions of adults and children who try to survive on one dollar a day or less.He plans to retire from Microsoft in 2008 and devote the rest of his life trying to help such people!


For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

No comments: